Thursday, May 13, 2010

How to train your Dragon

Loved it! H2TYD was (too?)short, sweet, funny, witty and sarcastic, poignant, moving, layered, beautiful, and so very visually stimulating! The flight scenes were spectacular! - specially when Toothless, Hiccup and Astrid soar through the clouds and the Aurora Borealis. I loved the hot air balloon/plane ride scene from The Mummy Returns and before that ages ago the flying carpet scene from the Disney movie Aladin. And this one was just as exhilarting!
S was just as engrossed as me for the full length of the movie, and that says a lot about H2TYD . This is the guy whom I've to nudge awake during Ice Age, Shrek and other such movies :)
The only tiny little complaint - I wish the dragons themselves had a little more IQ, rather than ending up as "pets" finally.

Going to watch it again, this time in French with subtitles, if I find one uploaded on the net :)

Someone: "But those ships never return..."
Someone else: "We are Vikings, it's an occupational hazard"

P.S. I watched the 2D version

No comments:

Post a Comment